Yoga and Meditation Retreat in Rishikesh
Cleanse your spiritual self and feel closer to god by being a part of our silent meditation retreat in India.
An ideal yoga and meditation retreat in India, for all those who like to explore the systems and traditions of Indian philosophy and spirituality. This is one of the most highly recommended meditation retreats in India for all the teachers, aspirants and practitioners of Yoga. This retreat will lay a very solid foundation for deeper understanding of traditional background of Indian philosophical system and spirituality.
This 10-day meditation retreat at Rishikesh Yogis in India, features teachings on several elements of Indian spirituality (not just yoga), Bhajan-Kirtan, Bhakti, Dharma, Intro to Hindu Sacred Texts, the Bhagavad Gita, Hindu Philosophical systems, the 8 Limbs of Yoga, temple tours and, various daily yoga and meditation opportunities.
Coming Retreat Date : 4th Oct, 2017 to 13th Oct, 2017
This Yoga and Meditation retreat will incorporate the following training sessions-
- Dedicated morning traditional Hatha yoga session incorporating Asana (posture), Pranayama (breath-work), Mudra (psychic gestures), Bandha (energy locks) and Mantra chanting
- Theory workshop session on Philosophical foundation of yoga, discussion on important branches of yoga such as Raja yoga, Hatha Yoga, Karma Yoga, Gyana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga
- Discussion on important verses from Patanjali Yoga sutra (a classical text of Raja yoga) and their efficacy in dealing with challenging situations in life
- Dedicated theory as well as practical workshop sessions on chosen traditional meditation techniques from system of Raja yoga, Upanishads, Mantra yoga and Veda.
- Focused sessions (both theory and practical) on teaching time proven meditation techniques such as- Yoga Nidra (Trance or yogic sleep), Antar Mouna (technique of witnessing thoughts), Ajapa Japa (a spontaneous awareness technique on Mantra and psychic passage), Hridyakasha Dharana (a dharana technique to harmonize emotions), Chidakasha Dharana ( a techniques of inner visualization)
- A supplementary session every day incorporating Q/A, discussion on techniques and topics from retreat program
The retreat experience will culminate into a sound and authentic understanding of the Yogic system as well as deepening of awareness and experience of meditation to aid one to live life consciously and mindfully. Exploration of various meditation techniques will enhance and enrich the understanding and teaching of aspiring teachers and therapists and will add a new perspective to their class teaching.
|6.00-6.30 AM||Herbal Infusion|
|6.30-8.00 AM||Traditional Hatha yoga session incorporating Asana (posture), Pranayama (breath-work), Mudra (psychic gestures), Bandha (energy locks) and Mantra chanting|
|10.00-11.00 AM||Theory workshop session on Philosophical foundation of yoga, discussion on important branches of yoga such as Raja yoga, Hatha Yoga, Karma Yoga, Gyana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga|
|11.15-12.15 PM||Practical Workshop onPranayama (breath-work), Mudra (psychic gestures), Bandha (energy locks)|
|12.30-03.00 PM||Lunch and Free Time|
|03.30-04.30 PM||A supplementary session incorporating Q/A, discussion on techniques and topics from retreat program|
|04.30-05.30 PM||Theory workshop on Concept, technique, process and tradition of Meditation and various techniques|
|06.00-07.30 PM||Practical meditation workshop on|
|09.00-10.00 PM||Swadhyaya (Self study)/ Writing Spiritual Diary|
- Waterfall Meditation
- Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek
- Historical Walking Tour